Monday, January 25, 2010

4 days off work, pure bliss

I have been spending the past four days making journal pages. Although I lean towards zetti style mine are nothing fancy yet and I prefer to go with the flow, that is, the easy way by collaging paper scraps here and there, then work on the design later on. the funny part is that I started with the idea of getting rid of all my scraps before moving to canada, then realized that I won't have enough scrap papers because I also signed up for scrap paper swaps and sent most of my scraps already :P hehehe here are some of the pages below:




Some pages are a bit crowded but I like it that way and i am filling the spaces randomly. My moleskin has become quite battered from the frequent collages, sewing and even pages ripping. I had to remove several pages as the journal is becoming quite bulky. I'll keep the extra pages for another handmade one. One thing I know is that I dislike drawing with pencil or doing watercolours on the moleskin pages else it's great for pens and collage. I am still experimenting with pens although choice is limited in mauritius (still, thanks for ebay!) Images are credit digitalcollagesheets.com, and the crowabout flickr group.



As soon as some money comes my way, I am enrolling in thisworkshop "a life made by hand" by kelly Kilmer. I love her pages and I am even more thrilled that she offers online classes! There's another artist whose journalling style I adore but unfortunately she does only "real life" classes :/I'm slowly trying to find my own style rather than do "inspired by" pages from others. currently my mood is for scrap papers, acrylic paints and soon more rubber stamps! I have accumulated so many supplies that have to used. Maybe I should do a page about "things to work on in 2010" and one of them is to "use more, buy less". I wonder how I'll carry my craft stuffs to Canada. My rubber stamps are definitely coming with me as they're worth years of purchases and some companies have even closed down *sigh*

I know I'll have a lot of free time once I am in Montreal/Toronto and will definitely drop at the Paper Place to satisfy my paper craving! There're so many things I need to do. Only 4 days before I send my resignation letter and 2 days before I get my macbook pro:

Isn't she pretty? I wanted the 15 inches one but when my brother got his 13 inches screen, it did not look that bad and I can always plug it an external monitor. A laptop is a better choice for me as I will be moving around a lot soon and desktops are really cheap in Canada so I can get one later. In addition, the Mac OS seems to be a better choice after using headache windows for so long (with its hordes of OS crashing, viruses, zillions of updates! and so on). I can't wait to handle the real things once my folks come back from Singapore this Wednesday! I wished my holidays were longer but I'll be off work for good in 1 month so *grin*

My back still hurts but it felt good to clean around, exercise a bit as being active decreases the pain. Tomorrow i am getting paid. yay! Still need to work on the 1:1 trade and MMH. I also hope that my PAT cards reach the hostess in AFA soon or I am going to start pulling my hair :/ I hate it when the postal services let me down.

ps I need MORE acrylics paint!

No comments:

Post a Comment