Monday, May 28, 2012

montreal here i come

My bus tickets are printed and hotel booking. All I need to do is pack. I have also booked my tickets for a one day trip in Ottawa to see the much coveted Van Gogh up close. The ottawa portion is  a "coup de tete" as we say it in french. I love Van Gogh and the post impressionism so this exhibition timing is perfect. After visiting Giverny in France where Monet had his paintings, then Musee D'Orsay, Van Gogh here I come. I never forgave myself for missing the William Waterhouse exhibit in Toronto in 2010?? and I missed the Tim Burton one as well..booo :(

I'm stuck in a rut lately to the point where it is scaring me. Even with my stressful job at the MCB I could create daily, here nada. I just read blogs and dream in colour while hoarding craft supplies. I better start using them SOON.

I'm not sure where I'll go in Montreal, I guess I'll let my bohemian side take over: walk into random streets, enjoying the day although the weather forecast is cloudy and rainy :( I'm definitely going to Mont Royal cemetery bird watching and to enjoy the silence. Laugh at me but old cemeteries are awesome, the Canadian tombstones are less impressive than Parisian ones-Pere La Chaise..awesomeness!!!- but it's like being in a park (at least for Mount Pleasant, St James and Mont Royal) . I know some streets are reputed for vintage and old books so I'll walk along these as well and hit the Salvation Army store on Notre Dame for quirky vintage finds.

Most probably I'll return with my carry on full of food, french books and what nots. then back to bleh mississauga. At least I am taking my fuji instax with me for polaroid pictures and I am doing a travel scrapbooklet. Need to get that right brain work hard.

I wish I had someone to talk about art or literature with me..Well there's always monologues... or soliloquys.

"To be or not to be, that is the question.."

Some people at work says I am VERY quiet but funny when I talk (...) I don't know if I should take that as a compliment or an insult.. *shrug*


No comments:

Post a Comment