Monday, December 13, 2010

I'm so not going to the mall until the holiday crowd is over. I did on Saturday and it was ho-rri-ble. Amidst the blaring music, the shrieking kids and overall pushing and pressing of the crowd, I felt something close to despair..LOL The salvation army also had an orchestra playing music but it only added to the noise. There was also the SA representative with her jingle bells instead of their big bell. There was recently a huge debate in the news about the banning the use of bell by the salvation army in the mall. I swear if they started using the bell, it would make no difference in the noise level I witnessed on Saturday. I wonder if people don't become deaf by the music from the different stores.

It seems that my senses have become more sensitive lately: I avoid malls cosmetic counters-asthma people beware especially of the perfume areas- and stinky stores like bath and body works. I still drop at LUSH but only if necessary. I'm trying to get into the holiday mood but it's not working. I'm glad we had snow despite the freezing temperature but what I am looking forward is not a blizzard but walking at night and watch snow falls quietly under the warmth of the street lights. There's something peaceful about that and Queen Parks always come fondly to my mind:walking back home-NWycik- late at night in the park, my first year at university where there were frozen icicles on the tree next to my dorm window and depending on the light, it looked like diamonds shining.

I love christmas but quiet ones and I love discovering the shapes of snow flakes that stick to my coat. Give me more snow people!

It does not bug me but i feel weird to be amongst the few who're not celebrating christmas at work since none of my family is there. Even if there's no presents giving, we have a dinner or something but well that's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment