Sunday, November 22, 2009

rambles

Saturday was sushi party at home and everything was so yummy especially the sashimi! the salmon was firm and tasty and for the first time i ate a local fish "vieille rouge" raw. it was delicious! I was not too keen on the pickled ginger though, finding it too salty to my taste. I prefer by far the one served with the century eggs for chinese new year. For the first time in a long while, my stomach was happy :P The cook hired by dad is really good at japanese food and to think that he cooks for them everyday at work makes me jealous! *sigh*

I am still figuring out whether I should break the piggy bank to get a DSLR. i am eyeing the canon 500SD and hope that by the time my folks go to Singapore, the price will drop. I'm obsessed with macro pictures and the lack of focus in my camera in macro mode annoys me so much. Yet is it a valid reason to splurge on a dslr? A few people I know bought a dslr because the pictures quality is way better but also to show off. Suddenly they're all professional photographs wanna be ; they start to ramble in terms like "point and shoot" for consumer cameras (a term which they did not know before they get their dslr camera), and feel so proud when someone ask them if they're planning pro photography *shrug* The sad part is that 99% of the time they shoot in auto mode..and don't even know the difference between the shutter speed and aperture speed.

Oh well, anyway owning a dslr does not make you a good photograph, nor a piano makes you a pianist.. so why am I ranting? I guess the fear that getting a dslr will make me "just another one of the mass" is what makes me reluctant to get one but at the same time I feel jealous that others have it. *sigh why do i always make uncomplicated things complicated? Why do I even bother about what others do and think when it's my life? Brr I should hit my fingers each time I digress from my own pathway and wishes out of fear of being rejected. This is something I have to work on.

My art journal is a work in progress and although I still find it hard to write down my thoughts, things have improved. I'm doing more pages so that i can jot down quick thoughts on ready made pages when inspiration strikes rather than think hard on an entry because it always end up feeling fake. I find zetti pages fun and a way to unwind after a hard day's work. Currently i am using elements from people's collage sheets and hope to be able to make my own zetti characters in a near future. It's fun to be able to mix and match people's faces, eyes, legs etc.. Zetti is colourful as well and I love teesha moore's collage sheets! The one I did on the right it brighter in real life and although it's not as crowded as the usual zetti collages, I love it :) It deals with the touchy issue that is my weight but at the same time it shows my determination to be thin again which I was 3 years ago! however silly me managed to strain my left leg when exercising but I won't give up. I need to fit in the clothes I left in canada! YES I can!

Hmm I think it's time for me to make a banner for my blog o.O; but my old laptop hates photoshop. I'm always running out of virtual memory when this softwares loads.

"
Quotes of the day:

Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else. ~Judy Garland
It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. ~e.e. cummings"

No comments:

Post a Comment