Thursday, May 5, 2011

spring is in the air

Nothing can compare to the smell of spring: the air is cool, with a small breeze, it smells "new". Trees budding, new birds appearing and never mind the worms everywhere. At least it shows that the soil is healthy. So many people underestimate the work of those little guys-I know they look gross-.

I'm in the middle of reading "The God delusion" and "Misquoting Jesus" and it's really interesting.

I'm learning quite a few interesting things like Jesus was a Jewish teacher as per the scriptures (pardon my ignorance if this is universal knowledge), the word apologia was once used as "in defence of" compared to its modern meaning which is the very opposite since we use it to say I am sorry, possible confusion about the interpretation of the word"virgin" standing for young maid hence the possible confusion about virgin Mary, that Islam-Judaism-Christianity all stem from Abraham and the issues of the scriptures etc... and of course the ever long debate about God's omniscience and omnipotence.

Kindle is quickly becoming my new best friend. It does lack some features but it's a relief not to have to carry a heavy book everywhere and to get lots of free ebooks online. I've been doing more reading in the past days than since I came to Canada. *does happy dance* Can't wait to download biology text books especially my favourite one on botany by Raven.

No comments:

Post a Comment