Friday, February 4, 2011

egypt

one of my co-workers family live in cairo and are in the middle of the crisis. I hope things will go ok for them and people who have relatives-families there are in my thought. It's just crazy what's happening in the world right now. Tunisia, Cairo and Yemen then where? Although I sort of understand the reason behind the revolt: the frustration of living under a tyrant for years. Let's cross fingers for a better ending.

It must be hard to be away from your loved ones in such times. I understood the value of being w/ your family only when I came back from university and saw how old my parents have become. It was a shock because I realized the missed times together and how time flies. I don't have the best relationship with my folks but family is still family (I am getting old..and moved away from my rebel teenage years although I know I am unable to live under the same roof as my parents). There are might have beens, "non dits" , wishes and regrets. I'm almost 30 and it's hard to realize that my folks are closer to their sixties as well. It seems as if it was weeks ago that I was 17 yrs old. So many things have happened since and so many people moved out of my life..

I think too much..gaaaaaahhhhhhh *shut down her brain*

No comments:

Post a Comment