Thursday, July 28, 2011

random rambling

I guess sleeping at midnight to wake up at 5:30 AM everyday is not what I would call a smart choice. I had a look at my face before lunch today and I was like WTF: puffy eyes and dark under circles which were not visible from my bathroom mirror (incandescent light.. misleading..fluorescent lights.. evil!). My body is still adjusting to my new hours and a few times I crashed in bed only to wake up the following day-when I am off.

I did some cleaning-my life has been limited to cleaning, eat and sleep lately :/ and need to list some stuffs on ebay. Hoarding is baaaaadddd..


I managed to pull 5 bags of supplies and I need to sell some of my sanrio items: hoarding from my uni years. Getting rid of some Danier coin purses as well. I'm an impulsive shopper and easily lured by colours so I can easily buy 2-3 items just because they have lovely colours. Fall trend also looks like it'll be the colours I dig: burgundy, deep purple, vintage gray, deep cool blueeessss all in the richer earth-autumnal tones. Note to self: stay away from the mall.

I also found my cds from 2000-2005 and it was a trip down memory lane: Covenant, Apoptygma Berzerk, Placebo, Assemblage 123, The Cure, Smashing Pumpkins, Radiohead, Silverchair.. and my taste has not changed. It's funny to have CDs with Silverchair as kids when now they're full grown adults. Times flies.

Also spent some time cutting papers for bookbinding. There's something destressing about cutting papers: the repetitive act of measuring and cutting has a soothing effect on the brain. It's the same feeling when you grind-mix ink before doing chinese calligraphy, as if you empty the brain of all the junk and concentrate on one simple act. Now I have to bind them. I have 3 folders of 12x12 papers and I know I will never be able to use them since I don't do scrapbooking, only visual journalling so better use the papers to bind future journals where I can ramble to my heart content...I write more than I talk in real life. How sad is that?

We're almost midway in summer. Can you believe that? Most of my days are in the office and I still have to see more of Toronto parks especially the Scarborough bluffs and I just learned about wasaga beach! Need to make an extra effort to make that happen before it gets too cold. And I'm soooo tempted by Rouge park however going there alone does not tempt me too much since it looks like one huge park compared to High Park and other places. Sucks to be a lone hiker.

Also had my hair cut and I was given a bob cut that becomes longer at the front because of my round face. One thing has not changed though: bad and bed hair day..everyday..I don't have straight chopstick asian hair. Mine has a wave-curl depending on the days but it always look messy. Apparently it's a common issue with wavy-curly hair. I have fine hair as well so any hair products or processing is a big NO NO. Don't want to lose more than what I am losing already with the stress and high chlorinated water *smirk* we'll see although it was time to chop them off. It started looking like a bush growing out of shape :/



No comments:

Post a Comment