Tuesday, July 19, 2011

summer is here

The heat in Toronto is intolerable. On Sunday I saw someone flying a kite and it was sweet. I've not seen kites in the sky for years. It's good to see how some traditional games are still played. There was also a red moon on Sunday night. I thought I would be able to take a picture but the moon was over the lake so not visible from my balcony :(

I also had an interview for a position at the back end. After the interview, I decided to remove myself from the competition. It's mainly admin work with regular hours which is perfect if the salary was not 3k below what I am currently earning. Doing a quick maths, the biweekly salary will be just enough for my monthly rent making 50% salary in rent, keeping in mind that now we are sharing between 3 people and at the end of the year, it will be two and i will pay more. I'm willing to grind my teeth until I get something better and higher pay. I am not alone in this job feeling crappy but bills have to be paid and some have it worse. I know some who work TWO jobs although they earn more than I do.

this is discouraging how you have to work yourself to death.

No comments:

Post a Comment