Monday, June 7, 2010

good, bad day

"No One can make you feel inferior without your consent" Eleanor Roosevelt

“The turning point in the process of growing up is when you discover the core of strength within you that survives all hurt” Max Lerner

"Maybe our eyes need to be washed by our tears once in a while, so that we can see Life with a clearer view again" Alex Tan

I'm trying hard not to fall into depression by my discouraging job quest. Any tips? I guess since it's the first time it's happening to me, it's harder to deal with. People I know are telling me it's a matter of patience but it really discourages me and the comments and treatment from some people make me depressed. oh well. The absence of personal space/intimacy is also adding to my stress level. It's hard to share a room with a sibling from table to bed. I can't even afford to rent a place, need to listen to his constant bashing about me, my inadequacy *bang head against wall* I think this attitude runs in my family. I should have stayed in Montreal on my own.

On the good side of things, my unmounted stamps on ebay sold! yay...well I am losing a bit but at least I'm getting some cash back. I also learned how to optimize my space by rolling my clothes. Since my arrival, my items are confined within my suitcase so this tip from the everyday minimalist blog was god sent. here is the result:


The way I roll is not perfect but it's easier to reach out for my clothes and organize them that way since they're not folded on top of one another. I keep my underwear in a separate box as they tend to be all over the place. The cool thing is that by rolling, I've more space in my luggage than by folding. I also love this post by her: 5 lies that you tell yourself that keep you spending because in many ways I could relate to it :P

1 comment:

  1. Fabulously Broke/Everyday Minimalist is one of my favourite bloggers! she has such good tips!

    ReplyDelete