Saturday, March 6, 2010

what have you achieved this week?

So I finally moved my butt and all my books, well 98%, are upstairs in the spare kitchen. I've already sorted them into piles: to sell, to give, and to keep. dad refuses that I bring my book by cargo because I'll pay more than their value worth but I will bring them by other means since I am not willing to re-buy my whole collection of books by Margaret Atwood, Haruki Murakami, moomins etc. These costed time and money since most I had to buy online and the moomins series were sheer luck in a store in Mauritius. Online I could not find them. maybe most of my luggage will be books or I could cheat by carrying most of them in my carry-on but it'll be heavy and I need space for spare clothing since I am doing an 8 hours transit in Heathrow..damnit. well I'll find means.

I also started working on journal pages inspired from those made in the course "remains of the day". Unfortunately I don't have enough money now-need to save those pennies to bring to Canada- to take the course so got my inspiration from pages posted online in various blogs. Now I only need to find a way to sew the pages to the cover. It took me quite some fiddling to figure out how to get the pages right but I am happy so far. I'll use it during my airplane trip and transit..when i won't have access to my scrap papers, stamps and paints. I'm definitely planning to sign up for the class once I am settle in Montreal and thanks God the classes are opened until Dec 2010. it makes me want to take my grand ma's old singer machine with me to sew papers..LOL

I also started doing "adult" stuffs like looking at bank accounts, internet access, phones etc. I want a iphone so bad but we'll see because the 3 years contract is not to my advantage esp if I move to Toronto later on unless they're willing to switch my number etc.. Hmm need to note this down and ask the seller later on. I should work on my cv and resume as well so that I don't have to rush once I land. Ah the boring stuffs :/I also need to buy a printer. well it seems taht budget wise there are some hard months coming ahead unless I get a job..

“ There's no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love. There is only a scarcity of resolve to make it happen Dr. Wayne Dyer (born 1940); Author, Speaker
You cannot escape the results of your thoughts. Whatever your present environment may be, you will fall, remain or rise with your thoughts, your vision, your ideal. You will become as small as your controlling desire; as great as your dominant aspiration.James Allen (1864-1912); Writer"

No comments:

Post a Comment